Monday, September 29, 2008

College Life

My Dorm:
This is part of the kitchenette, there is also a little fridge that you cant see in this picture, and we have a cabinette thing on the other side of this with a microwave and coffee maker.
This is the basic Room part, on the right are our dressers and on the left are our desks. And you can see the huge window.

This is part of the bathroom. Yay. We have our own bathroom. across from the toilette is our shower, even though you cant see it. :D
This is my side with my bes and dresser. Today was my first day of actually going to classes here.
I have lived in my dorm fro a little over a week, and i love it. (Can you guess which side is mine? lol) The bathroom and kitchenette are really nice, and its a really big space for a dorm. Having our own shower is nice. Our dorm doesnt look like much yet because we havent really decorated or anything. We do have a huge window though. My roomate has a couple posters up, but not much else. Just our stuff everywhere. At first in our dorm there was only one ethernet cable for the both of us, so i went and picked up a router...but we didnt need it because my roomate, Jessica, her dad bought us another ethernet cable, and so its just more convenient for us, the router was kind of confusing anyways.
Today i had my first three classes,
I had my Theater class, Constructed Self [freshman inquiry], and the Constructed Self Mentor session. I liked my theater class, the teacher seems to be a pretty good theater teacher. My Constructed Self class kind of felt like advisory but with a college feel, but i guess it could be just because it was the first day. Its all about basically 'improving yourself as a whole' and 'making progress in your life' and stuff. stupid.
Tomorrow i have my class for my major;
Criminology. Im pretty excited to go to that class.
through my classes today i met alot of people, and talked to a bunch of different people from different backgrounds and such, especially in my theater class, there are quite a few people that are not origionally from the united states. There is a girl from the phillipenes, a girl from japan, a guy from basically the us, and everywhere in europe, a girl from australia, and a guy from nigeria. There are also alot of people from other states. In one class i have, I am one of the three people that are actually from oregon.
its kind of nice being around so many different people.
Other than that I have just been hanging out with CJ and everyone and stuff, we have made a habit of whenever i spend the night with him we watch the show House together at night, he owns every season of it. We just started on the second season.
So basically living up here has gone pretty smoothly so far, and i am really enjoying being here in the city. Classes started today and they went well.

I miss you tina, diana, amanda, and nae!!
<3

2 comments:

Tina said...

Whee! Glad you like your dorm & the first day of classes went well. It's cool being right there, isn't it?

I hope you can blog again about the Criminology class. I always thought that was a cool field as well. I only did a little bit during my Psychology studies for Child Development.

Are you going to get a job on campus? You have a lot of good skills and the 13 years of girl scouting + your Search & Rescue time count for a LOT on a resume.

Have a great first week!

Renee' B. said...

thats awesome!! glad things are going well!!! i miss you too!!